- Fits and assembles structural frameworks and housings from substances, inclusive of perspective iron, I-beams, and plate steel, the usage of hand tools and welding devices, and following blueprint specifications: Examines blueprints and substance listing to achieve elements specifications.
- Tack-welds equipped factors together or direct FITTER HELPER to tack-weld factors.
- Position elements in jig and files, chisels, and grinds elements, as indicated, to fit them collectively.
- May heat elements with an acetylene torch and bend them in a vise, on an anvil, or on round stakes hooked up to a table.
- Tack-welds prepared factors together or direct FITTER HELPER to tack-weld factors.
- May heat elements with an acetylene torch and dip elements in a cyanide bath to harden.
- May anneal elements with an acetylene torch to do away with the stresses of welding.
- Components can be held together with an acetylene torch and soldering iron.
- Determine the size of the elements on the bench, the use of angles, chalk lines, and talc.